Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rebel without a cause .... or rebellious streak, really

Photo courtesy of wikimedia


Hmmm….sitting at radio wondering whether anyone out there in the universe (of the inner west in the small radio radius of Burwood community radio station) can hear the tap tap tap of my laptop keyboard as I write and simultaneously let my itunes do its thang?

I expect my only listener will inform me later as to whether you could actually hear it. ‘Later’ being the operative word. By then it will be done, dusted and irreversible – they might fire me….but I’m not sure you can be fired from a voluntary position – unless you’re terribly terrible (like I possibly am, at this very moment).

I don’t care. Ha. Suuuuck on that radio gods – I’m bored and I will blog. Man, I am so Gen Y.

I’m so naughty – I’m playing a song at the moment called “Cocaine”, or at least I think it is. I don’t even know who sings it. That’s pretty poor form on my part, cause I can’t even credit it. That means some poor cokehead musician is probably sitting in a little dingy grotto-like apartment getting no cred for his radical song, and as a result, falling deeper into the depths of coke-induced despair…but that’s just speculation…I don’t even know if coke is a depressant…he could be feeling awesome, for all I know. Hahaha, yea, raving it up something. Loose.

Ahh, that’s better – Now I’m playing Britney. Her cover of “I love rock and roll” to be precise. It’s pretts awesome, and was definitely the highlight of that movie she did, Crossroads. Don’t see it. Seriously, even a Britney fan like me thought it was pants.

Pants = bad, FYI. I want to start using that heaps more. It’s such a cool, English expression, and it’s quite a polite way to express yourself, and I’m all for politeness, even though I may swear like a miner when I’m hung.

Ohhhhhhh, man it’s 6 oclock. Halfway through baby! Maybe I’ll just play music for the next hour with no talking. Like an hour with no ads, but an hour with no talking. I don’t know if that’s good for my radio profile, but it’ll be darn good for my tea-drinking time allocation.

Which brings me to another point, you’re not supposed to have food and drink in the studio. So tea is strictly forbidden … and so is this biscuit. I am so totally rebellious right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment