Monday, May 17, 2010

Rain versus the Parade

photo courtesy of fireflyforest.net


I'm having a pretty ordinary day. I hate it when it rains. I had to do the corporate-wear-n-joggers thing today because they're my only waterproof shoes. Basically, today I looked like a ball of shite. I had to wear my only black pants (dirty, because its raining and I couldnt wash and dry them), my black top (not dirty, but I wore it every single day in England nearly, so I consequently hate it more than the damn rain) and a red Rivers cardigan that is so fugly that my Mum decided she didn't even want it, so gave it to me. Oh, and it's missing a button too. Sheesh.

To summarise, this day has been average because of the following:

  • It's raining

  • I had to leave my super cool desk at work and go and sit in a new row by myself - I miss my giggle buddies up there in editorial...

  • I decided to detox and I have not been able to eat Adriana Lima's choc chip cookies (yes AL, the supermodel is a phat cook with a massive PH standing for Pretty Hot)

  • We decided pretty people will always have friends even if they're really mean, just because they're pretty. Not cool, and not fair.

To be fair, I am thankful for many things today...


  • My mum: she reads my mind sometimes. I rang her and said, "Mum, you'll be so proud of me!" to which she replied, "You bought shoes!". Not quite - but I did buy two jumpers, which is a vast improvement on the Rivers abomination.

  • Awesome lady at work (not the Teen Queen, she's more of a Superwoman/Supernicewoman) told me my Quick Study was 'outrageously fabulous'. I might tattoo that on my forehead, I was so stoked.

  • My blankets. Mum bought me a pink one, then Grandma bought be a cream one, then Mum bought me a green one because she'd forgotten about the pink one. Good armour against this crapola weather.

  • Hot water with a dash of maple syrup. Surprisingly delicious invention discovered and devised tonight after I realised it was too late for caffeine and the honey was completely infested with ants.

  • My supermodel friends, and their friends and their boyfriends. My house is always full of love. And masterchef. And this makes me happy.

Ok, that's 4 versus 5. So now I can go to bed decidedly happy. Mmmm .... especially cause I have my blankets....


No comments:

Post a Comment